View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 06:53 AM   #139
Timboli
Fanatic
Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Samsung Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There are enough books out there that there's no need to abridge LOTR. If you find you cannot read it, then find something else you can. It's not hard to do. Either like it enough to finish reading or stop and move on to something else.
So what you like so many here are saying, is that every story is the same, and so just read any story. In fact, why read Tolkien's work at all, they are just stories and there are plenty of others out there.

You are saying that no story has any merit to differ it from others ... any story will do.

Well, I am sorry, but I happen to know that there is differences, and that even if you make Tolkien's work more easy to read for others, more accessible, it still has oodles of merit and is still unique enough, and still worthy of reading as opposed to something else.

LOL. Some of you are foolishly attempting to have things both ways.

P.S. I do so like a baptism of fire, with people stuck in their little Ego Bubbles. Bring it on.

Last edited by Timboli; 09-08-2019 at 06:59 AM.
Timboli is offline   Reply With Quote