Thread: Name that book?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 09:25 AM   #1036
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
I'm not trying to remember something I read before, I'm looking for a historical answer. And neither Google nor Quora have been any help. Here goes:

What was the first (science?) fictional story to suppose that a criminal could be identified, captured, and/or convicted using DNA evidence?
While this doesn't answer your question, you might find some clues in this article from the Science History Institute: "Forensic Chemistry in Golden-Age Detective Fiction: Dorothy L. Sayers and the CSI Effect." As an attorney who deals in cases that have criminal components, I can assure you that the CSI effect is very real, and very damaging, in criminal court.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote