View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 01:59 AM   #21
ChrisC333
Groupie
ChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it is

Device: Acer eM250 Netbook, iTouch, iRiver Story, HP TM2 Tablet
One more thing...

Even with the languages working properly on the menus the results were the same when reading your attached document - many of the lines didn't work properly. So there may be a weakness in how you've assembled it, or an unsupported assumption about how devices can interpret the code.

My guess is that the device would read complete documents OK in any of those 16 languages, plus any 'sister' languages that used similar sets of characters and symbols. Just a guess though.

Chris

YET ANOTHER EDIT...

Incidentally, if I read your file using Adobe Digital Reader software on my desktop computer (iMac) it does a similarly patchy job of reading some lines OK, some partly, and the Russian not at all.

However if I use the Stanza reader software on the same computer then it reads all the lines in your document apparently flawlessly!

What does all this mean? I've no idea. I'm just a tester....

Last edited by ChrisC333; 03-16-2010 at 02:26 AM.
ChrisC333 is offline   Reply With Quote