View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 05:02 PM   #50
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by scveteran View Post
They are not being dishonest. They tell you that a feature of the system is that you can lend your books. I really think it is silly to not realize that there will be limits on that.
Limits, sure-the question is which limits can be reasonably guessed. I'd say the limits that you can't read your book until it's returned can be reasonably guessed, and also that there is a time limit on the lending (especially since part of their advertising is that you 'always get it back'-only way that makes sense, knowing people as I think we all do, is if there's a time limit on it). But I, personally, don't think a limit on the number of times you can lend it would be reasonably guessed. Nor do I think B&N is helping themselves by the way they're answering questions about this.

Comparing their answers to those I've received in other situations, I'd say that they realize a straight, honest, answer ("You're limited to lending each book one time, for the life of the book.") would present them in a bad light-so they provide 'weasel' answers that can be read two ways, and refuse to clarify them. IMO, that makes them dishonest. Period.

Reminds me of what I tell my kids: If you'd be ashamed (or scared) to honestly tell your parents what you did, then you can be pretty sure it's wrong & you shouldn't be doing it.

Think about it, B&N.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote