View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 07:42 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianLungs View Post
Yes I can get most of the books I want in Hawaii, but if I want a special book overseas can I do it? The forums suggest I can, but it is not clear.
Yes, if you have a PC and internet available. You can download the file from your media library on Amazon and transfer it to your Kindle using a USB cable.

Quote:
Also I am a doctor. Many files I want to read are pdfs from the INTERNET. How can I put these unto the Kindle from my PC? Can the Kndle read thesde pdfs?
Not directly. You will have to convert them to Mobipocket format. There are a couple of ways to do it. First, you can email the document to your kindle email account and the converted file will be emailed to you. Second, you can use Mobipocket or Mobicreator software on your PC (not Mac) to convert it. Now, the results may not be stellar depending on the contents of the PDF. If it is moslty or all text you will have good results. See the numerous threads here for more info on the trials and tribulations of converting/reading PDF documents.

Quote:
Lastly, I need to charge the Kindle from 240volt outlets. Can I?
My kindle charger says 110-240volts... so yes.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote