View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 10:16 AM   #8
anoved
Enthusiast
anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPhone
Thanks for the kind words regarding the choice to repair things. The short lifespan of some gadgets (as measured by how quickly they are eclipsed by newer models) is conspicuous in contrast to more enduring technologies - this topic always makes me think of hand tools, as I've got a few that are practically heirlooms yet are as useful today as they ever were.

As an avid ebook reader, it's certainly food for thought, since I suppose a similar argument could certainly be made about ebook file formats and printed text.
anoved is offline   Reply With Quote