View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 08:56 AM   #60
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I know we're supposed to be complaining, not being constructive, but Steve, check for bees (or other hive-type insects) in your cable junction box. We've had that problem with our phone lines.
I'd be glad to (not that it wasn't checked before, and found to be clean). There's just one problem: To check the outside junction boxes, whether they are across the street, or on the other side of town, first they insist on coming into my house to check my lines! And despite the number of times I have told them (and "told" is certainly being more than polite for the way I've often spoken to them) that the house has already been checked and OK'd by their technicians, twice, they still insist on coming in first. They don't come in, then they won't check anything outside.

Fine, you say? Stay home and let them in, you say? Well, sorry, but I'm not wasting any more of my work time to stay at home and wait for those idiots to show up (especially since the two times they did show up did not result in fixing the problem). I had instead settled on regular harassment, making service calls, and allowing their technicians to show up and never find me at home. Not that that solves my problem, but its constant effectiveness in wasting their time demonstrates how incredibly stoopid they are.

At this point, I'm playing the waiting game... not with them, but with my wife, who doesn't seem to mind the fact that the web has been consistently down for the past 2 weeks now (I'm writing this from work). I am refraining from making any service calls, and either she'll get fed up and complain, or I'll just get Verizon (and castrate myself next day, which might... just might... upset her even more).
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote