View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 02:45 PM   #14
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Let's see -- there are so many ways to count the time

OK, let me exclude the 5 hours or so a day, every day, I spend reading for my editing business and the hour a day I spend on the Internet, and just focus on pleasure reading.

I begin the day with my newspapers, my local disappointment followed by the New York Times. I read these while enjoying my morning tea and my breakfast. This takes about 1.5 hours to get through both papers.

Next up is lunch, which is where I read my periodicals such as The New York Review of Books, The Economist, Bloomberg's BusinessWeek, Smithsonian, and the like. I spend about 1 hour doing this.

Lunch is usually followed by 1 hour on my treadmill, during which time I read an ebook.

I try to end my work day by 4 p.m. When it ends, I usually find my way to my recliner and spend 60 minutes reading an ebook before dinner.

The next reading interlude comes after dinner. I spend up to 3 hours reading either an ebook or a pbook before turning the lights off for sleep.

So for pleasure reading I average between 5 and 8 hours a day. Hmm, that sounds like a lot, but then I realize I generally start my day at 4 a.m. and I don't watch television, so I guess it isn't as much as it appears.

Last edited by rhadin; 09-19-2010 at 09:27 AM.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote