View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 07:02 PM   #9
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
PocketBook is a BIG company. Not Apple big but really big. PocketBook merged with Netronix this year to form a joint venture called PocketBook Global. PocketBook prior to the JV was already like 4th in the world in ereader sales with revenue around $37 million in 2009, while basically only selling in Russia. They're going to do better than $100 million this year.

http://eon.businesswire.com/portal/s...95&newsLang=en

http://www.kyivpost.com/news/guide/g.../detail/70953/

they JV creates a company that is 2nd or 3rd in ereader production and sales.

PocketBook uses some hardware designs from Netronix but also uses its own designs as with the 360 and the upcoming larger readers. PocketBook has its own firmware that is not shared with the other Netronix clones.

PocketBook even opened its own brick and mortar store front this year in
Kiev and they are currently selling in over 20 countries. They are also working with the Russian government on integrating ereaders into schools.

Now I admit I have a bit of bias since I sell their product, but they have made a strong presence in the market even better. They are in markets the "big guys" are not (officially) and they are opening new markets like South America . You dont have to worry about this company going away any time soon- they actually ship product

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 06-25-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote