View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 04:24 PM   #54
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit410 View Post
I should have done a bit more digging before purchasing mine, the spec sheet on the site advertised it as having a 1.5ghz CPU, I thought, wow, with that adding 2.2 might really boost it's performance..

I was not expecting a lot from it, but it's kind of useless, I did get a few google apps to work, the market just will not even though I'm rooted, I tried to get a tool to OC the CPU a bit, not many games are playable.

I thought that at the least I could make it useful for my niece who has Moebius syndrome and her tongue is too short to speak, if I just could set up one of the text to speech apps so she can type and speak it would have been worth the price, but sadly even those won't work on it.
Running the CPU at a higher speed will shorten battery life and increase heat output to an unacceptable level for no real gain.

It does do text to speech, just have a look through the old archived forum for the information apps and libraries.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote