View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 12:36 AM   #70
Alissa
Connoisseur
Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 + Story HD + Kobo Touch
Thank you, Alan. I got the .azw file and examined it. It appears to have no images in it.

The current version of MobiHandler can't show a cover image of a mobi/azw file unless Kindle device shows any on the book's details view (use the RIGHT button on the book on the HOME screen) as in the attached screen shot.

Amazon Kindle for PC (and possibly other Kindle software, e.g., Kindle for MacOS or Kindle for Android) may show cover images even in case Kindle device can't. (See this thread for details.)

Also, even if your kindle device shows something appearing as a text-only cover, it may not be a cover image. It can be the first text page of the book.

If anybody has an example mobi/azw file that Kindle device shows a cover for it while MobiHandler doesn't, it should be a bug of my MobiHandler. I love to examine the file. Otherwise, MobiHandler showing no cover image is a behaviour by design, and I can't fix it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	details.png
Views:	479
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	71839  

Last edited by Alissa; 05-25-2011 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Attached the screen shot and adjusted some wording
Alissa is offline   Reply With Quote