View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 11:03 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
My biggest requirement is reading academic papers: Unencypted A4-size .pdf files with a mixture or text and images over typically 4-10 pages. I've read wildly varying reviews of various readers' ability to display large .pdfs: Some say that the Cybook G3 is terrible, others that its vaiable zoom and panning are great for short documents.
If this is your biggest requirement then in my opinion you will not be happy with any 6inch device. You should look to an iLiad, DR1000 or wait for the Plastic Login or Astak devices that will have bigger screens.

When I got my Sony I also thought it would "be nice" to be able to read my Dev books on it but it was useless. But, for me this wasn't the "primary" reason I got it.

I'm sure others will have other opinions... the above is just mine. Copyright 2008.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote