View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 04:09 PM   #36
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by waison View Post
Correct me if I am wrong. As the PSP AC Charger outputs 2000mAh for the current , it will have a "Quick Charge" effect which might not be good for the battery.

So I think a better choice is to use the PSP USB Sync and Charge cable, with the layout like that : http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...zh-70-kuc.html
The mini-USB can be used for connection to the pc only, but you can use another end to plug in the "DC IN" of the sony reader for charging.

And it is much cheaper than the AC Adapter!
The current rating on a charger is the max output it will safely sustain. More is better. A device will only *draw* as much current as it needs to charge.

Problems can arise if the current rating of a charger is too *low* to match the requirements of the recharging circuit in a device.

That said, the PSP-to-USB cable is a handy cable that can be used to charge the Reader from a computer or from any usb charger.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote