View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 01:31 PM   #30
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
Quote:
Note taking application - NO SUPPORT TO VIEW THESE NOTES ON A PC
Does this mean the ability to add notes to an existing document or is this a separate application that opens a blank page for notes? Big difference since the former means possible annotation/notes support for PDfs, ePubs, Images, HTML, etc and each separate viewer possibly needs to be updated with this ability.

As for viewing the notes on the PC, IREX's companion software did something like merging the document and annotations into a new PDF file. Well, as long as the notes are in a separate single file sitting alongside the document, so it can be backed up or moved with the document, then I'm fine with the way it is, at least, initially.

I wonder if the lack of dictionary support have anything to do with licensing.

Too bad no mention of margin trimming. 'Selection' zoom is okay but I hope they work out usage issues when turning pages. For example, if I use selection zoom to trim the margins of a full page view, I would want the zoom to be persistent as I turn pages. But if I 'selection' zoom half the page, such as when viewing in landscape mode, I would want the flipbar to go to the next part of the document instead of going to the next page. What I do not want is to have to pan around with the pen or try to drive around the page with arrow buttons that move the view at arbitrary distances.
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote