View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 02:49 PM   #59
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleander View Post
CF? Really? Didn't know they even exist anymore...

Do you actually consider the lack of memory slots a downside of Kindle?
How many books a time do you carry with you?
I usually have about 100 books with me, which seems plenty. What good is any expansion?
iRex iLiad REALLY has a CF slot. I know....
But it's acceptable to me. Prices are okay and I only need one cartridge, so I never even take it out.
But I clearly find Sony preferable (in that issue): 2 slots with 2 up-to-date cards (SD and/or Memory stick).

How many books? It depends. On Kindle, I exclusively use .azw from Amazon. Both units are new, so I only have about 150 ebooks so far.
I've got ALL of them with me, all the time. For the moment, I even leave the ones on, I've already read.
On my iRex I would have to count. But i guess, it's about 800 books.
On Sony 505, I have 964.
I don't see measurable differences in performance, depending on the number of books. So, as long as I've got the storage space, I'll fill my readers to the limit.
Usually, I just scroll through my library to decide, which book to read next. Sometimes, I read 3 to 5 books in parallel.

So I absolutely prefer, having more or less all my books with me. All the time.

In German we have a saying "viel hilft viel". Translation would be something like "a lot helps a lot".
The more the better....
Surely, on Kindle 2 I probably can carry about 300 books with me, on Kindle DX even more. But why accept such a limit? Cost for SD cards are sooo low...

Last edited by mgmueller; 07-01-2009 at 06:40 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote