View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #36752
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I've read that in many Jewish households, going out for Chinese food is a tradition on Christmas Day. Makes sense. I assume it's the least crowded day of the year for all restaurants, and since many of the owners of Chinese restaurants are also from backgrounds that don't celebrate Christmas, it's just another work day for them.
It seemed to be somewhat of a tradition for Jews to go out for Chinese food on ordinary Sundays too, and the restaurants in the Jewish neighborhoods of my childhood would all do a booming business on Sunday evenings. But this begs the question;
If Jewish culture (and it IS a culture as much as it is a religion,) is 6,000 years old, and Chinese civilization is 5,000 years old, where did Jews eat for a thousand years?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote