View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #2188
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSun View Post
I tried to get into this series - I gave it two-and-a-bit books, but found the writing style and characterisations juvenile (and that's saying something, as I'm a YA addict!). I've been told to stick with it, because it becomes brilliant around book seven, and that even die-hard fans recognise that it leaves a lot to be desired up until book seven - so, should I just skip the books between two and seven and go straight to where this series "gets good"?
Sure . . . . if you want to have no idea who is who and what is what.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote