View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 09:11 AM   #22
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
If I play you music, if would be difficult to tell if the source is a CD or if it is from an unscratched vinyl record. Some fans of vinyl claim to be able to tell the difference, but even if that is true, most people can't. With e-books vs. paper books, the difference is obvious. E-books are likely to keep the lions share of the book market, but paper books aren't likely to be reduced to the market share of vinyl. We'll be seeing paper books next to the supermarket checkout for some time to come.
I beg to differ on some works (I would say: mostly on full orchestra: Clasical works). Each has its artifacts

Frequency Roll-off (even if RIAA compensated) vs Cut-off (Sample rate limited)
Compressed vs Dynamic range

I left out the media provided: inherent Noise, damage, transfer (pickup) limitations.artifacts

I have never heard the (nor could discover a non RF electronic principal) difference between 12Ga. Low Voltage Lighting (or any other decent parallel copper wire) and the Monster Hyped stuff.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote