View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 10:21 PM   #51
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
You can go with clones, or refurbs, or just used.

On eBay and Amazon you can get a 30 day guarantee if you look about.

I decided to look at what I call a mini-tablet except since mini-tabs haven't been around very long, I ended up with a used Droid I phone about 3 years old, that I only use on WiFi though I could use it as a phone if I signed a contract.

It has a 3.7" display, a really great camera, and of course the bells and whistles of a (in its time) franchise phone. I thought the keyboard would be great, and it does work well, but I hardly ever use it. With the keyboard it is actually pretty heavy in the hand. A solid machine.

As time passes, I hope I will be able to get a 4 or 5 inch mini tablet like a Note (5.3) or something like that.

I have had the Droid I for some months now. No problems.
The cost? For complete phone, new charger, new cable?

With shipping and no tax: $36.

I did put a big SD card that I already had in it, and the memory is now 32GB.

A cheap gamble.

30 day return policy, and no dealing across the water.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote