View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 09:56 AM   #58
mcooke66
Connoisseur
mcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook ST - Nook 1st Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
Here is the ultimate answer to this iPad/nookcolor/etc debacle. Try to see it the way I'm looking at it for two seconds. Think outside of your techie nerdselves and let's look at it this way. I'm q big techie nerd too btw.

The more I think about this device the more I like it. Why? Well I'm not thinking of myself but someone like my dad and other non-tech heads. Think of a world where we are not called every day asking how something works, how to do this or that. Our time has come tech heads. Now I can safely recommend a device, not have to compare specs, give it to someone like my pops and then leave it at that. It's a dream come true. I don't have to go to the house on the weekend to defrag, clean cookies, download updates. The nookcolor and even the iPad are what they are. I don't have to worry about these things anymore. These are the people B&N are targeting. Screw us. If we want to get our hands dirty we know where to go for those types of devices. We know how to tear things apart, change an SSD add a terabyte drive, change dimms & Simms & power supplies.

So again I think this is a great device that will appeal to the majority of consumers.
Amen brother

Its the 80/20 rule of software development. If it works for 80% of the users then it is a raging sucess, you will never please 100% so stop trying. We are geeks who love to argue the inside baseball. My wife just likes to read and wants color, nuff said.
mcooke66 is offline   Reply With Quote