View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 05:47 AM   #20
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Fired and his driving license suspended for 3 to 5 years.
It is not a human error neither it is a serious mistake that all of us are prone to. It is a life threatening situation. People could die or/and be maimed! Somebody who can neglect things like should be banned. They are either absolutely stupid, I mean on a level that requires medical involvement or morons.
I really don't see why this is up for debate. When I drive, I'm piloting a ton and a half of steel and glass as it skitters along the road within just a couple feet of other people doing the same. For me to take that for granted and choose to distract myself because I can't be bothered to pay attention is unconscionable. This fellow was piloting many tons and carrying many people. His ability to do damage was far beyond mine. Plus, beyond his conscience as a guide, he had clearly established safety rules that were part of his job.

If you think you can safely read (or text) while driving, you're wrong. The fact that you haven't crashed yet doesn't mean anything. I compensate every day for people doing dumb ass things on the road. You don't know how often other people keep you from killing yourself. Driving already comes with risks. We don't have the right to neglect our duties as drivers and risk the lives of other people unduly. It's amazingly selfish. Not to mention this guy was absolutely an idiot if he thought he wouldn't get busted.

On the other hand, I really want to know what he was reading that was so engrossing he felt he couldn't wait until he was off work.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote