View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 06:42 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Hello, dwanthny, and welcome to MobileRead.

Filesharing of copyrighted books is illegal. Unfortunately, however, file-sharing (I feel) is indeed rampant. I agree with you that we need to support all writers whose work is out there and is being sold. We support them by buying those works, by talking about the writings here on MobileRead. Too, there are a number of professional writers who are members of MobileRead, so you can read their thoughts and opinions, as well.

Concerning illegal books:

MobileRead deletes all links related to the obtaining of illegal, copyrighted books, along with a warning to any poster. Only books with explicit permission from the copyright holder are available here on MobileRead. Almost everything we have here is in the pubic domain, and is lovingly assembled by a few dedicated members and Moderators.

On another note, let me welcome you to MobileRead. We have quite a number of dedicated and interesting Forums. Please feel free to look around, download any (or all!) of our free books, consisting of public domain and Creative Commons titles.

If you have questions, please ask and you should get quite a number of replies.

Above all - HAVE FUN!

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-25-2009 at 06:51 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote