View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 09:55 AM   #10
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
The v2d

Abour the v2D, I have a toshiba sigmabook in my collection and it is more impressive to the general public than the one page displays. Of course it does not really makes sense from a pragmatical point of view, but it could work from the point of view of marketing: the Sigmabook really seems to be a book. The casing here is very important, because Toshiba and Panasonic really shape it to be a book.

It could be done more useful perhaps by allowing one of the screens to have tactile input, so it could work also as a notebook in landscape position, drawing the touch and keyboard pads in the tactile screen and then using the other screen for word processing etc, and leaving to the user the impressive capability of "moving windows" to from the "screen area" to the "keyboard area"!

You need a real tactile screen for people to use the fingers, not the wacom one.

Of course you could also provide a special case to fit one V9c and one V9t, the case should give the book shape and to connect both via a wired connector, so they could share information. That sounds expensive and perhaps not very marketable. A power user would prefer to bluetooth a keyboard to the V9c

By the way, if anyone know how to do documents for the Sigmabook, please tell me! it is getting dust

Last edited by arivero; 11-13-2006 at 10:04 AM.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote