View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 06:54 PM   #55
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
When I set my margins to zero the text is butting the left/right edges of the screen. Even if it were possible, wouldn't negative margins move some of the text off the screen completely?

Having said that, what happens if you experiment by manually setting readingLeftMargin and readingRightMargin to a negative value in the Kobo .conf file?
I suspect what Jon wants to be able do is to override the margins set in the ebook itself. A recent example was one of my wife's books which had left/right/top/bottom margin settings of 10% plus a page left/right margin of 5px. On her Libra's 4.2" wide screen, the effect was close to looking at a dead tree book.

I edited the CSS to remove those margins but it might have been handy for her to be able to override those settings without editing.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote