View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 09:31 PM   #29
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Apple has a history of playing the long game. How long ago did Apple TV come out and it's really only now starting to become popular. I can see where it might become more popular as more and more people go with streaming only both for music and TV content.
Before Roku, before Amazon FireTv, before Google Tv. I think Apple's inability to get cable and Hollywood to support Apple's vision took away a lot of Apple's interest in Apple TV....and thus Apple has really been very slow to make anything of it more than they have.

As for home automation, Apple was first there too. However, Apple's security requirements made the products too expensive, opening the door to Amazon....as long as you really don’t care that much about security.

As for Lady In A Can...there is no business model for Apple. Siri makes the iPhone better, the HomePod better, the Apple TV better, the Apple Watch better. But by herself? There's no money to be made for Apple selling no-margin devices.

Apple has the iPhone and Google has both Android phones and a competing Google in a can. Amazon's place as retailer of choice is the only thing I can think of that keeps Google from blowing Alexa out of the water.

I still have little idea if Alexa makes any money for Amazon.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote