View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 03:09 PM   #23
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
Apple is generally polarizing.
Apple isn't generally so polarizing with professional reviewers. I'd say if you go to any of those same sites and check their reviews for the iPhone, iPad and other Apple products, they won't score so poorly.

Quote:
There are audiophile reviewers who gave the HomePod high marks from an audiophile's perspective.

I am not an Audiophile but I like good sounding Music. As a music speaker with voice control, it's great. I have zero home automation and very little interest in it. I do have some Echo Dot's and there is, of course, no comparison to the sound.
That may all well be true. But that doesn't mean it is the best speaker available at that cost. It only means that it sounds better than the other 'lady in a can' speakers it is compared to.

Quote:
The fact that it has Siri built in is a "nice extra" for my use case. If you are wanting a lady in a can....you can get that experience for a LOT less than a HomePod
I'm glad you're enjoying your HomePod, but I still see no proof that Apple was going for anything different than Amazon, Google and Microsoft were with their speakers.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote