View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 02:21 PM   #22
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
So what makes the HomePod more than that? As the initial reviews that I read seem to say that that is exactly what HomePod is. A lady in a can and one that is just not as good as an Echo or Google Home.

c|net: Great sound, but it's trapped in Apple's world

wirecutter: Apple HomePod Review: It Only Sounds Great

Engadget: Apple HomePod review: A great speaker that’s not so smart
Apple is generally polarizing. There are audiophile reviewers who gave the HomePod high marks from an audiophile's perspective.

https://www.reddit.com/r/audiophile/...e_perspective/

I am not an Audiophile but I like good sounding Music. As a music speaker with voice control, it's great. I have zero home automation and very little interest in it. I do have some Echo Dot's and there is, of course, no comparison to the sound.

But to the date, my biggest use of my echo dot's are as voice timer's in the kitchen and "your package has shipped, arrived". I got an Amazon Fire Tv Cube that has Alexa and I have it connected to my soundbar/sub woofer. Yeah....it can sound nicer as it's outputting to much larger speakers.

My HomePod, I can put it in any room, anywhere in a room, at it optimizes it's output (has 7 tweeters pointing around a cylinder).

The fact that it has Siri built in is a "nice extra" for my use case. If you are wanting a lady in a can....you can get that experience for a LOT less than a HomePod
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote