View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 07:10 PM   #18
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Apple's HomePod is doing just fine for the market Apple targeted...which is not the $50 "lady in a can". Love my Homepod and like my 3 Echo's.

Neither is Apple scaling back on hardware.

Apple music is like iTunes before it. There's just no business reason to keep either one only to Apple's platform.

As an subscriber to Apple Music and an owner of Alexa base products, this is good news to me. Just like Amazon Prime eventually landing on the Apple Tv.

What signs CAN we read?

Well, Apple probably has no intention of a $50 "Siri in a can". As such, it takes no sales away from Homepod and yet makes Apple Music that much more attractive. Winners here are Apple and Amazon....loser is Spotify as it's one less reason to choose Spotify.

We can see that Apple is serious about growing it's service revenue. You can only raise the price of the iPhone so high (so much higher than most of us would have imagined). Services is where Apple will see growth.

Relationship between Apple and Amazon appears to be thawing. Amazon is now selling more Apple hardware. Winner Apple and Amazon - loser Google who still is in a pissing contest with Amazon.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote