View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 12:16 PM   #17
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Everyone, I should have said Echo Dot (2nd and 3rd Gen). Probably that car Echo Auto is at least 3rd. And then my Google Home Mini whatever that is.

My ears have heard (suffered) too many blasts, gunshots, loud speakers, and even fireworks to appreciate good audio speakers. What I like is loud voice clarity.

I prefer the Dots generallly, but the Google Mini has better volume (5% increments, and louder).

I can be in the Den in my chair and I won't be able to hear an echo Dot weather announcement from my office very well, but I can say:
"Ok Google set volume level to 10." Ok Google, weather." The weather comes in loud and clear from my office. "Ok Google set volume level to 4."

To quote and paraphrase a song of one of my favorite singers Tom T Hall.

The Cowboy and the Poet
"I knew I had to ask him about the mysteries of life
He spit between his boots and he replied
It's faster horses, younger women,
Older whiskey, and more money"

I would only add "more volume."

Last edited by frahse; 12-05-2018 at 03:03 PM.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote