View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 01:24 PM   #10
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Lost works is a huge problem in movies and video. Film does not store well. I remember reading an article back when they released restored DVD's of "The Might and the Mighty" and "Island in the Sky" of how difficult it was to find copies of the original in usable condition and how long it took to actually restored the damaged originals. I bought the restored DVD's back in 2005 when they came out.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/200...hn-wayne-films

Not everyone has the money and desire that John Wayne's family did.

In theory, every book that went under copyright since 1870 is in the Library of Congress. That was a requirement of copyright according to the Copyright act of 1870. I suspect that was superseded when the requirement to register was dropped.

This, is of course, one of the great flaws of copyright law. Copyright holders love to talk about property rights without ever acknowledging any obligation to the public.
Because they have no actual obligation to the public.
Heck, if I want to release "The adventures of Cinisajoy", that is my prerogative.
If I decide later to pull said book, that is also my choice. I have no obligation to the public to make sure the book, movie or cd is available for all eternity.
So now let me phrase it like this.
What gives the public the right to tell me what I should do with MY property?
Why should the public have that right?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote