View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #10
ametzler
Zealot
ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
When I transitioned from a physical button based e-reader to a touch screen one I breathed a sigh of immense relief. I think that touch screen based e-readers are just so much easier to use and they help relieve any Repetitive Strain problems I am prone to experiencing. With a light touch of one of my fingers I can turn the page, highlight text, make notes, etc.. Pure bliss.

I say the transition will happen with training and time as you are finding out. When something different comes along, sometimes the best thing we can do is learn to use it.

Just keep at it, who knows, with time it may seem like the more natural option.
You give me hope.

Having switched from KK to PW2 three weeks (and probably about 1500 pages) ago I hope to reach this state of bliss at some point. Right now, I still miss the page turn buttons for their reliability. - They worked every time, while the touch screen needs two tries about once every ten pages. I read while holding the kindle, alternating hands.

Where I have lost any hope of ever not missing the take turn buttons is when reading documents with hyperlinks. The touch screen exchanges the simple motion of blindly pressing a button with a entertaining game of find-the-correct place to tap/swipe. ;-)
ametzler is offline   Reply With Quote