View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 09:11 PM   #1
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
tips for research reading- notes/search/marks

Hello.. I've casually read ebooks for a time (all public domain stuff) and I'm now getting more serious.

I'm looking for "tips" as I see pros and cons to each type of format, reader, etc. My reading is more for research/education. I want to make copious notes, bookmarks, etc as I read. I want to be able to copy and paste text and do things with it, not merely "read" it. Reference "tools" are nice too.

I'm currently reading on Mac desktop. I'm trying Kindle, eReader, Stanza, Calibre, etc.

Any tips as to software (readers) would be appreciated. Also info on best format for this type of work. (I've been playing with conversions in Calibre)

I accidentally came across a note somewhere that said ePub format stores bookmarks in the file itself. I consider this type of info very important to know, as I read on more than one computer. (I read on my iMac and my MacBookPro)

Any comments and suggestions for this newbie would really be appreciated. The last thing i want to do is build up a big library and not have it be "workable."

thanks

Last edited by 1611mac; 07-12-2010 at 10:17 PM.
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote