View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 12:05 PM   #45
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post

Don't rely solely on a backup of your computer made yesterday if that's just a backup of the dropbox account. Make a separate backup of a good and complete copy of the Calibre library, or at least the metadata.db file, which is the most important file in Calibre.
I think you're assuming that I live in Calibre. It is not something I use daily. If I use it more than a couple of times month, that's a lot (though I do go through conversion frenzies from time to time).

This year I'm trying to read more of the freebies I've collected over the past couple of years, most have already been converted or don't need conversion as they are Kindle books (I keep DRM stripped versions in Calibre but I read the DRM'd versions on my Kindles). I can still drag and drop those books onto my computer from Windows Explorer without opening Calibre.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote