View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 11:31 AM   #38
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post

Which directory did you point your Calibre to? If you've pointed to the dropbox directory, and deleted the original, you've removed one layer of backup protection, but added convenience. As long as your other backups are good, you should be fine and the convenience may be worth it.

To quote myself:

Quote:
Until BOb enlightened me I did have additional full copies of my library on all machines (Desktop = original + Dropbox, Laptop = Copy + Dropbox, Netbook = Copy + Dropbox). Now I've dropped the copies on my Laptop and Netbook (Desktop = original + Dropbox, Laptop = Dropbox, Netbook = Dropbox). My Desktop is backed-up constantly by Carbonite as well (and my Kindle 1 still holds all my Kindle books plus an FTP copy on my personal website that get updated occasionally).
Outside of Dropbox I have multiple other copies of my library.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote