View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 01:07 PM   #2
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
You can listen to both audiobooks that you have at Audible as well as a plugged in ipod or Mp3 player (bluetooth as well).
I did not know that an Echo Dot had this capability. I thought it would only read you Audible audiobooks. I have several audiobooks stored locally as MP3 files.

How to you make the Echo Dot play local MP3 files? I would like to make use of this capability. I'm thinking it would be good for bedtime listening. Currently, I use a Sansa MP3 player and headphones to listen to locally stored copies of audiobooks. To the best of my knowledge, there is no input connection on the Echo Dot to introduce local content. And I thought the Dots bluetooth was only available for outgoing content (with the exception of the initial Amazon setup, which is a special incoming connection).

So I'm very intrigued - how do you play local content? I am very interested in doing exactly this. I would love it if the Dot could access my media server via WiFi and play all the other content I have stored there as well, but that's probably hoping for too much. Just being able to play local content via a plug-in connection (or bluetooth) would be a good first step though.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote