View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #17
MarekGibek
Zealot
MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Quote:
I am really tempted to buy a kobo mini to tweak with it ...
What I really miss with the kobo is :
- folder hierarchy
- RSS newsreader (offline mode)
- manga/comics viewing

With debian it is pretty sure it should be ok (well in coolreader for kobo too I gues).
Yes. It all works. However I would like to have bigger screen than 6''. 5'' in kobo mini would be definitely too small for me - I would definitely consider to by Aura HD if you can compile kernel yourself - to have bigger screen, resolution and more memory.

Quote:
Would gestikk (https://launchpad.net/gestikk) work on the kobo mini ? That would be great for switching full screen ^^
Great idea!

Quote:
How about the usuability of calibre in "Koboian" ?
Works really good except it's not easy to exit from fullscreen mode (you have to hit Esc key - and minimizing it with home button doesn't work like with other apps - maybe it behaves different in the newest version - there is pretty old one included in debian repository). Configuring gesture for Esc could help.

Quote:
If you set up a debian chroot on your Kobo, such as this thread details, you can install a gameboy emulator with "apt-get install gnuboy-x"
You can run it but it's totally unusable because of too low frame-rate in gray scale mode. I hope to implement automatic switch to dithered black & white refresh mode on areas with motion someday. Playing games and watching animations will be possible then.
MarekGibek is offline   Reply With Quote