View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 09:36 PM   #8
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Unless their strange search results made a royal hash of my searching, it looks like books they used to have as free PD downloads are now anywhere from 4.49 to 6-something. That kind of ticks me off, especially when you consider how much traffic readers have driven to their site, and how it was readers who alerted them and defended them when that bunch of wankers was "selling" links to Feedbooks. What's the difference, really, between someone selling a link to Feedbooks' free books and Feedbooks selling formerly free books?
Relax If you look at the top of the webpage, you will see three tabs: eBook Store, Public Domain and Original Books. Click on Public Domain and you'll see the usual free downloads.

All of the PD texts for sale in the ebook store seem to have been uploaded by a publisher called The Floating Press. I'm sure if questioned they would say that they have carefully created new appealing covers, proofread and formatted these PD texts and it is this service that they are charging for Think I'll stick with MobileRead's offerings, myself!
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote