View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 07:10 PM   #59
Drizzt321
Drizzt321 began at the beginning.

This sounds like a great idea, and most of the suggestions have sounded great. To put in my own $.02, here's what I'd like.

-Formats: HTML, TXT, RTF. PDF would be nice. Any DRM'd format, I probably wouldn't use, but I'm not opposed to having the support. What would be better is if the platform were open (or open enough) for us to develop our own applications on as a few other posters have suggested.
-Storage: SD/MMC slot or CF slot. Or both? or 2 of one? These could be used for storage, _and_ IO devices like WiFi and bluetooth. Couple that with being able to put our own applications on it...well, the possibilities are awsome.
-Along with the formats, the ability to define any of the screen edges as 'top' would be great.
-Bookmarking would be a great to have.
-Touch screen would be awsome...but not sure about the cost. Depends on how much it would add to the devices. I did put down the $400, but I would love to have the price a good bit lower.
-Decent capacity batter, and the ability to recharge from a USB port might be nice. User replaceable might be really nice, but might not be practical for the physical size limitations. But if you allow charge from USB (probably have a mini-usb connector) you could use some of those small external cell phone charger packs, or even put together a few NiMH AA's and put them together into a charger pack.
-Decent default font selection, as well as the ability for user fonts. Perhaps some kind of standardized (I'm thinking a TrueType Font, or something like that that is well defined) font can be used, either on an external storage card, or can be installed into the internal storage so it can be used by all documents.
-It would also be nice for a user to override any default font selection for a document and force the reader to use a different one. Some people have trouble reading some fonts while others don't. Also having a user override document's font size could also help.

Well, I guess thats just about all I can think of right now. Mostly I'd say, give me the open platform, the 2 storage slots (which can double as IO), and touchscreen if the price can be low enough and I'll be more than happy.