View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 03:57 PM   #21
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Moreover, there are so few readers for this type of product, although Alpe's company apparently made the investment to create a tool, I wouldn't do it at mine. If we had a much larger demand for this type of work, of course, we would, but the demand for it, at least at my shop, is negligible. We did 24 titles in the fall-winter of last year, and another....5? 7? this year, so we have made about the same number as Alpe's shop, which I think probably is indicative of demand. The 24 last winter was anomalous, I would normally not expect our shop to do more than 10 a year, not at this point in time, not until more reading devices/apps support it.
You are certainly right Hitch. Respect. You know your business.

Rest of this post is just to share my experience and is off topic wrt the OP.

This is epub3 stuff was new to me so I wanted to try for myself on some sample books. I used Chrome+Readium today.

My initial thought was « Why would anyone use this? If you listen to a book, this is because you can't read it, you are in your car or jogging with your earphones on. If you are reading the ebook, then you don't need to be distracted by a narrator. This is still one more silly epub3 audio/video feature that can only attract geeks like me »

Turns out I was wrong. It didn't hurt my reading experience, to the contrary the professional well paced voice in sync with highlighted text merrily took me through the book. I felt like a long time ago, my mother reading me a book while pointing at the words. It was fun.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote