View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 11:06 AM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzz View Post
I don't understand why they keep on comparing the 1000 with Kindle, Sony, etc.
Mostly because most folks in general are mentally pretty lazy, this trend is just more visible in "Journalists" because they're in the public eye, and we rather expect a bit more out of them.

By mentally lazy I'm referring to the tendency to interpret new things in terms of already familiar things, rather than looking at them for what they are on their own. Hey, at least they're now comparing an e-ink device to another e-ink device, that's closer than an iPod, laptop, cell phone, microwave oven, etc., like they were comparing them to a year ago. That's at least some improvement, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I am pretty sure the iRex FAQ said you could charge with a mains USB charger.
I remember that too, pilotbob, quite clearly, as it happens, because that was one of the details I was specifically taking note of when I read through the info and FAQ.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote