View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #1
crashnburn
Groupie
crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad1 iOS 5.1.1b, iPhone 4
Exclamation iBooks iTunes Sync Issue need to save Highlights/ Annotations ?

iBooks iTunes Sync Issue need to save Highlights/ Annotations ?

I just checked (enabled) the Sync Books in iTunes. I get this message.

iTunes Sync Message:
Quote:
Are you sure you want to sync books? All existing songs, movies and TV shows on the iPad 1 will be removed.
Now, I do not have any movies and songs on this iPad as yet.

I do have a bunch of my own non DRM - Epub and PDF books on it. I can't remember how I added the books to it.

Maybe it was via iTunes sync with a different Apple ID etc.

I do have the same Books also present in the iBooks library.

Now what I want to REALLY REALLY save the HIGHLIGHTs I've made on some books. I dont want to lose them in this Sync related WIPE OUT.

I dont' mind even going into the Jailbroken iPad and the hidden iBooks folders with iFunbox/ iExplorer and manuall backing up certain Files/ Folders.

I am just not sure how and where the Highlights are kept on the iOS File System. I have run across some iBooks/ Library folders but do not know for sure where and how the RIGHT STUFF is backed up.

Maybe after a synch I could put back some of the highlight/ annorate files?

Thoughts?
crashnburn is offline   Reply With Quote