View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
eggheadbooks1
Read, don't parrot.
eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kobo Touch, Aldiko for Android
Aldiko -- book formatting completely lost

I just loaded Aldiko into my Kindle Fire and so far not good. I downloaded the free version just to test before I decided to spend any money on the premium version or any other Android ereader like Mantana. I opened an ebook I made myself in InDesign and which works great on a dedicated device, but in Aldiko all the book formatting is erased:

* bolding and italics are gone
*spacing between paragraphs and headings is gone
* block paragraphs have been converted to standard first line indented paragraphs
* centered text has been converted to a left margin and indented first line
* centered images are flushed left

Also, internal hyperlinks do not work.

It's as if Aldiko cannot read the CSS, only the text and images.

Am I missing something or is this just a complete waste of time and I need to look at something like Mantano?
eggheadbooks1 is offline   Reply With Quote