View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 04:38 PM   #6
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Although there is no way to use folders for organizing the books on the Kindle, I keep my books organized on my hard drive(s) using folders named for the source of the file. As I download a file, I update a spreadsheet with the name of the file, author/title (which isn't always provided in the file name), genre, source, and optional description. For books which are part of a series, I create a text file listing the books and reading order.

For example, I downloaded all 7 of the Tom Corbett, Space Cadet books from Feedbooks. I created a text file with info on the series taken from Wikipedia and the names/dates of all the books to remind myself of the reading order (TomCorbett.txt). I transferred the books and the text file to the Kindle. As I finish a book, I add an annotation to the text file. I also put a highlight around the title of the book I'm currently reading. (That's because I read books #1 & #2 in April, started #3, then wandered off to read other stuff. I will return later, but the highlight in the text file works like a bookmark to help me "keep my place".)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlemom View Post
Does anyone think that emailing Amazon will help spur them to add this basic but important feature?
It won't hurt.

I believe that they know that Kindle users want a more functional way of organizing the content that is on the device. But it never hurts for new owners to contact them. It emphasizes that this is a near-universal desire and not just something that is only wanted by early adopters.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote