View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 02:47 PM   #13
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieBird View Post
I've heard it (cynically) said, that the object of advertisements is not to sell a product to the public, but to sell the need for advertising to a company.

I like to think ads don't affect me, but would corporations really spend all that money if it didn't work?
I also like to think that ads don't affect me, at least not the way they are intended to. For me, if I see constant commercials for a product or service, it makes me wonder how they can sell me the product/service and "save me hundreds a year on car insurance" (or whatever) when they are spending tens of millions on advertising? In my mind, if you are spending that much on advertising then you are overcharging for your product/service!
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote