View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 12:21 PM   #9
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firekat
Good point, but I would have to say even as a reader the device is a disappointment other than that it has a good display - except for the ghosting, which is still present in the iRex reader software.
Um.... You must have a dodgy display as I have very rarely seen this, and not at all since 2.7...The only ghosting I've seen is when I've had to reset the device...

Quote:
page turns are long, bookmarks are not supported, it is difficult and requires much playing with source files to get them to read comfortably, and other things as well. Is it marginally functional? Yes, I will give you that.
I fine now with page turns... And bookmarks are probably going to be around in the next release after 2.8...

Quote:
I paid for this stuff and it will really be nice to see it un-hobbled and up and running some time in the near future.
Well... With the "run shell scripts update" I can turn my wired & wireless connection on and off at will... And with 2.8 you'll be able to use the other thing you mention quite well...

Quote:
I understand that everything takes time, but with the lack of news from iRex, the sporadic & infrequent release of firmware updates which are usually with miniscule increments in functionality and/or improvements, it really gives one concern and pause for the investment that they made.
Well... The communication with Irex has much improved, and I think you will like 2.8 quite a bit...! Is Irex a bit slow...? Yep, but thats the same with any project under active development...!

Now I've seen the Sony Reader I much, much happier I bought the Iliad. Yep, its faster, but this morning I downloaded my daily newspaper wirelessly, as well as handful of rss feeds to read on my commute. And on my commute back I have several books & mags to choose from, and this all fits onto a device just larger than A5.

But anyhow, hang in for update 2.8. I think it will make the Iliad a very desirable device...!

jęd is offline   Reply With Quote