View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 04:21 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I think there are definitely reasons why it will be limited in it's sales... it's a bit pricey, DRM e-books from the store, plus all the other nit-picky stuff we may complain about.

But success is relative. If you mean it won't be in every household like an iPod is now, then I would agree. It will take the one or two tweaks that the writer suggests. If you mean that nobody will want it but gaget freaks and book nerds, I think we may find it to be an astounding success because it might just make it into many more hands than that. I hope so, anyway.

That comment, btw, is pretty spectacular confidence in e-books... "Sony's really just one or two tweaks away from a device that could revolutionize the publishing industry, and change the way we read, and that's pretty cool." He might actually be one of the most positive writers with respect to the device when you look at it that way!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote