Thread: Reading speed
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 09:04 PM   #31
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST-One View Post
My reading speed is the same whether I read to/for myself or I read aloud to others; I "act out", if you will, the words on the page in my head. The narrator has a different voice that the various characters (well, it's always my voice, but you know what I mean).
I love reading good dialogues (or a really good monologue), and I just can't imagine enjoying reading them at a speed at which they couldn't possibly be spoken aloud.
Me too! I've taken the tests, and can read fast with good comprehension. But it isn't fun for me - i enjoy hearing the characters, savouring the language, etc. Reading isn't an IQ test, and there isn't a 'correct' method on how to enjoy yourself - if someone is reading for pleasure, they should just relax and not worry about speed.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote