Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 08:20 AM   #638
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Hi there!!!

First of all, thanks again for sharing your work and for constant updates!

I just installed last patch ("Modify Collection Count Behaviour") and I'm experiencing a problem...
When this patch is enabled, the GUI launcher seems to be slower.
This means it takes longer to refresh the screen when tapping on launcher and also when tapping on a item with a submenu in the launcher.
I can see the home screen in the time the launcher opens a submenu.
With that patch disabled, everything is a bit faster.

I tried uninstalling JBPatch and installing it again, then I tried enabling and disabling the patch and this happens only when the patch is enabled.

Here are more info:
Kindle Touch 5.1.2
JBPatch v2.3.1
Modify Collection Count Behaviour v2012-09-03

Thanks again!!!
Thanks for pointing this out. This is somewhat "expected", and doesn't really have to do with the GUI launcher as such. The problem is that the launcher changes parts of the screen, which in turn means that everything which is shown "below" is also repainted.

And if that happens to contain collections... the code to calculate the total amount is called every time. That code is relatively slow, because it needs to (recursively) look up stuff from the collections database, which is slow.

I will try and see if there is anything that I can do to optimize the code a bit so that it requires fewer round-trips to the database, but other than that, there isn't really much I can do about it, sorry.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote