View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 10:25 AM   #13
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
I don't have anything clever to say, but at least you can dictate notes. I have to type all of mine! And retype. And format. (I *hate* Microsoft Word!)
What's to like about it, I wonder....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
"something clever."

sing it, sistah. ms word may just be the devil in form of software. shout "vade retro !" at your computer, and let me know what happens.

notes... i usually just scribble mine. of course, sometimes i have to retype them, to send by mail. *sigh* i can't dictate them to anyone either. i tried dictating to the cat, but even she can't read her own handwriting, so that was pointless. plus she uses some weird feline shorthand, i don't know where she picked it up, it's completely incomprehensible.
Try a scanner, that way you can keep you neat handwriting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I just want to say that I was "enforceably retired" in May last year. I've got to say, it's quite enjoyable once you get used to the entire concept of not working (which so far has taken 14 months and counting...).

Cheers,
Marc (MR is my work-substitute)
Mine was August last year, at the 'tender' age of 53 (yikes)...So you've had more practice than I...

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Nor did I. It's surprisingly difficult. I've realised I might have to start scheduling my leisure, just to get anything pleasurable done (as enjoyable as MR is, I'm starting to wear a dent in this sofa).

Cheers,
Marc
Get yersel a hobby...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Here's something clever. Just 31 more working days until retirement.
Problem is you won't have enough time, then, to do all those things you dreamed of doing...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote