View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #41
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post

Googling, I haven't even found any evidence of falsely sanctioned music or movie downloaders. I would have to see actual evidence of innocent readers (beyond family members, who always suffer when loved ones are punished) who lost their internet access, not mere speculation that it could happen.
I like how you've subtly shifted from all infringers to just infringers of ebooks. In any event, your Google Fu needs work: http://www.zeropaid.com/news/94406/s...disconnection/ The link involves a false-accusation, not a false disconnection, but since one leads to the other, I'm sure you'll accept that.

But are you really going to hold fast to the position that a system that has the potential for disconnecting someone from the internet over accusations of infringement rather than proof doesn't carry with it the strong likelihood of a false disconnection?

Judging by most comments in this thread, your argument is mainly irrelevant since an even bigger concern people seem to have is that the punishment is disproportionate to the offence. There's no point in jumping up and down while screaming, "No one executed for murder is ever innocent!", when the ones you're arguing with think the death penalty itself is abhorrent.

Last edited by Ninjalawyer; 08-09-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote